Glendeer Pet Farm is based in Curryroe, Drum village, in Athlone, just 15 minutes from Prince of Wales Hotel.
This petting farm consists of 6 acres of land with another 6 acres of a peaceful, nature walk. Experience petting and feeding the animals such as puppies, rabbits, kittens, goats, sheep, emu, donkeys, cows, llama and more. It is a safe environment for children of all ages to be in with these lovely animals.
Some of the facilities include:
- Coffee shop – Light lunches, refreshments, and souvenirs
- Guided tours arranged for groups, school tours and birthdays
- Indoor and outdoor picnic area – Visitors are welcome to bring their own picnic.
- Nature walk
- Over 50 species of animals and birds
- Parking – Ample coach and car parking
- Pets corner – Pet and hold the animals such as puppies, rabbits and kittens.
- Playgrounds – Indoor playground includes a sand area with diggers, new indoor Skywalk play area. The outdoor playground includes a toddler’s ‘jungle gym’ (very safe for very young children), large rotating tyre swing, roundabout tyre swing and zip line glider swings.
- Toilet and baby changing facilities
- Wheelchair accessible (excluding the nature walk)
- Mondays to Saturdays from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Sundays from 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm